15 November 2014

Blog Post: Nov. 15, 2014

Passing the time away with documentaries

Winter is a good time to watch the long list of documentaries I have placed on my bucket list and since the power has remained on today, I decided to settle in and watch some of these.

First up was DamNation. Enviromentalists will appreciate the re-opening of several rivers in Oregon, Idaho and Washington waterways.

This documentary covers the U.S. involvement and initial purpose behind the building of damns and the reasons currently to demolish these damns.

Free the Rivers!
If you have a Netflix account then you can see the full documentary there.




When the sleet started coming down and it was cold and windy well, I decided to watch again an actual movie, Day After Tomorrow.


Remember this movie was distributed back around 2010 to prepare us for a climate blast. Weather conditions similar to what we are experiencing now but not quite as extreme as the movie.

At least not yet.

Then because I live in Holiday Island, Arkansas where the debate about water loss and the invasion of SWEPCO / AEP mega electric lines with a coal fired plant, I went looking for something new from Erin Brockovich. I found this on YouTube:

Erin Brockovich: "I am an Eco warrior, and I'm damn proud to be one."


Update editing March 9, 2023