03 April 2022

Editorial Opinion: Upside Down

Upside Down

I've been using this phrase for years now. It seems to be catching on. I just hope that people using it truly understand the impact of utilizing this phrase.

It has come to my attention that I missed having, at the very least, a single entry for March.
So, today's task is to start setting a pattern for entering words and thoughts for this storytelling journey that I have put myself on.

Don't know about you but, if you live in a neighborhood or city that markets using any of these phrases:
  • It is so, beautiful here. You'll love it.
  • The wildlife is abundant, here.
  • It is so, cheap to live here.
  • Welcome! Glad you made it. What's your address so, we can bring you a welcome basket.
  • Lots of things to do. Volunteers needed!
Where is it not beautiful? On the edge of an industrial road?
Where is there no wildlife? Birds have no boundaries.
Cheap? Who is that audience you are trying to pull-in?
Welcome? Who would say anything other than welcome?
Volunteers needed? We'll take your money and your time, too.

These types of statements kept me away from writing. Attempting to let-go and clear my head, obviously. 

Watched a viral video on upside down lightning. Have you seen it? 
This science moment opens up a huge discussion for meteorologists.


Have you talked with you friends? 

I have one that is South of me and she has snow when I don't. 
I do watch those jet streams that are shown more now than ever: The Wind.

Maybe it is trash service and haulers. I'm older and the children brought home from school nearly 40-years-ago the need to recycle. Now, what one participated in "doing the right thing" has diminished. It isn't talked about much in the moment. People were too involved in so much stuff that they missed the moment China said they would not take the USA recyclables or waste. That did happen during the Trump administration. Some entrepreneurs began companies that utilized some of the glass or plastics, which is a very good thing but, no one picked up on this point. Small business can only help in a more local way. Now, I sit in a local community that just says, only taking "this" and the rest; will go to the landfill. A return to upside down.

Just going to save the rest of today's frustration and save it for another April post.


Update editing March 9, 2023