29 August 2022

Editorial Opinion: This Dadaist Sorts Hats

Max Ernst - Ubu Imperator - 1923

These days and times, I find myself wasting too much time analyzing everything I read or listen to provided as news or community social media posts.

No matter what; Just surrounded by stupid or is it?
I actually have a vintage pin-back button that says,
"I'm surrounded by stupid."
I keep it right by my keyboard so, I can stay on track. 
A mantra button that was among Dad's possessions.
Rather odd item for him, considering his age and mine.

What's the issue? The usage of defining information as misinformation or disinformation. I looked it up. One of the benefits of the internet.

The artist in me suggests reading about the DaDa Art Movement during and after World War I. 



Merriam Webster Dictionary
Misinformation
Incorrect or misleading information

In my world the proofreader is responsible to catch the errors, the flow of the words and meaing, the spelling and take those corrections to their boss or editor. There would be no misinformation. 

Disinformation
False information deliberately and often covertly spread (as by the planting of rumors) in order to influence public opinion or obscure the truth. 

Merriam Webster states the synonym for disinformation is propaganda.

   
I am reclaiming my time! 

Creekside News Journal





The Hat Makes The Man - Max Ernst - 1920